Friday, August 24, 2012

Warning! Possible Virus threat?



****************************
UPDATE - FILES ARE FINE


Myself, and several users, have checked the files with different antivirus software, and the files look OK. I believe the menace is in some malicious ads or pop-ups which may appear in the Mediafire page when downloading. So, seems there is no fault from my side, but please remember to navigate pages with an antivirus software activated and always check the file you download.
****************************


Warning! I have received a second notice from a user that some my files could be potentially be infected by and unidentified virus. The first user reported a virus warning from the paintkit of the F-35, while another was just hit by a virus after downloading some of the F-35 quick fixes. I am not sure if there is actually a virus in my files or if the virus threat resides in a Mediafire ad or pop-up.

I always scan my files with my default antivirus, which is AVG (Free edition) and I have just installed also AVAST as a "second line" protection (Free edition, too) and they both report that my files and my system are free from viruses. 

I also, do not understand how a virus could infect an FSX addon without any .exe file... so I tend to believe that these threats could come from Mediafire...but I am not an expert in this field.

For the moment, I am not taking any actions as I am waiting to know more about this - I just wanted you to know.

5 comments:

Skull Leader said...

Hello Dino,

I've downloaded your last files and everything is OK, I use avast! Internet Security and no problem.
Bye, Skulleader.

Jiri said...

Kaspersky Internet Security 2012 and SUPERAntiSpyware found nothing wrong in any of your files regarding F-35. Mediafire ads doesn't look infected to me either. J.

Unknown said...

@Skull Leader and Jiri

Thanks guys, I've checked them myself with different antivirus programs and they seem fine.

That being said, the comment "Parul Akter" looks like spam...

ScimmiaSpaziale said...

For the record, I deleted the comment by Parul Akter, which looked like spam.

Unknown said...

Thanks for looking into it, I wasnt complaining just wanted to make you aware. Thanks again.