Thursday, July 12, 2012

F-35 Cleared to taxi and hold short...


Just a quick note to announce that the F-35 is *almost* ready. That is, I have a build that should be good enough for distribution. There are still some bugs here and there, and I was not able to fix all the issues that were highlighted during the Beta tests. Still, I believe the build is good enough, considering the complexity of the project and the fact that, well, I could continue trying to fix minor issues forever....at a certain point it is better to stop, provided that the quality level is acceptable.

After a thoughtful consideration the project will be payware - but I believe the price will be definitely acceptable for most users. Final price has not been decided but it will be close to the previous F-35, possibly with discounts for previous customers (if technically feasible).

I am, and will be and I still consider myself, a freeware developer - this is just a hobby for me and I do not want greed to be part of my hobbies... nor I envision this activity will ever replace my real life job, nor I'd like to become a regular businness. But the F-35 project has been extemely expensive by my standards, and, frankly, I'd like to limit my loss (which is in the area of few thousands euros...mostly spent on acquiring the high-definition meshes I've used as starting point in the modeling).

Anyway, it is almost ready. Almost. I still need to complete the manual, pack the files etc. etc.... I believe that will require another week or two. I hope you will have fun with the Lightning II.

3 comments:

ScimmiaSpaziale said...

Forgot to say that if you'd like to see the list of changes/fixes, I've updated the Beta 2 tracking post below...

http://indiafoxtecho.blogspot.it/2012/05/f-35-beta-2-test-wip-reporting-and-open.html

Unknown said...

realy great article thanks for sharing your own idea about F-35
online taxi in india

Unknown said...

Thanks for posting such valuable information. I in significance enjoyed reading your blog and make it both instructional and interesting.

delhi to shimla taxi